Wednesday, April 11, 2012

No more Rumbling about the Rumbles

Over the last 2 years, if you were on the track at some point you probably have had a run in with the rumble strips. When I first saw the rumble strips after the re paving of the track, I was shocked to see the size of them. They were about 4 inches high and my Legend Car is 3 3/4 off the ground. I knew it was going to be ugly when a Legend car went into them, and it was only a matter of time before someone was going to get mixed up with them. I think the final tally was Rumble Strips 15 Legends 0. As the Drifting grew last year, it was made very clear from the Drifters, who have some nice nose pieces on their cars, that they were not thrilled by the size of them either. Taking all of that into account, the rumble strips did more damage than they were worth, and the fact that all of the other tracks around do not have rumble strips, it was decided to bring them down.



For the Stock Car guys, we will bring you up to speed later about the penalties for passing below the yellow line. I will let you know as soon as I make them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment