Saturday, March 2, 2013

Driver Profile - Jessica Pasinetti





Jessica Pasinetti and Julio Pasinetti will be back with their Chev Malibu trying to better their 2012 finish. Julio is optimistic that with the Thunder Car rule changes, Jessica will be more competitive this year and will be running in the lead pack.

Sponsors:SFL Metal works, Nepean Kanata (NK) Locksmiths,  Proserv, Flux Lighting, Security Connection, and Fahey Electric

Bio: My career as a racer started at the age of seven. My father, Julio, was a racer all his life, the classic story of the young boy who would sneak into the facility for lack of money and admire all the drivers. When of age he had all sorts of cars, and competed in all sorts of classes. Once he had his children he quit the scene just to get back into it. When I was seven I got my first go- kart and when I turned eight I was right in there with all the others. I moved my way up through the classes in the NCKC club and finish in the senior light class, once I turned fifteen I jumped into my first stock car: a bright red Cavalier. This is probably the least racy car you could think of; however it was reliable and fast, I raced in the 4- 4 fun class. We had many second place finishes, but never managed to get to the top.
After a year in that class we moved up to the next class and bought a Neon. We stayed in Mini Stock for two years and had lots of success, including first woman to win a race, youngest person to win a race (at the age of 16), as well as most improved driver. When in this class, we went to an out of town race in Peterborough. In my first race I lead the entire thing and in the last corner on the last lap I was caught by the track champion who had not been beaten or challenged for a long time until we came. Just as I got comfortable with that car, my dad suggested moving up.

How could you turn that opportunity down, it was the chance to go to a faster car with more experienced racers. So our next challenge; Thunder Car. I drove a 1987 Monte Carlo SS. In this class I had to earn my respect, since I was racing against a tight knit family, most of them had been driving together for several years before. I was the odd one out, a small, young woman against a field of matured men over the age of 30. Here we won Rookie of the year, in which I believe we earn a little respect.
This is my passion, my sport and I would love to invite you into seeing this adrenaline and testosterone filled world through my eyes.

Thanks for reading, and thank you for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment