Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's all about Friends, Family, Fans and Fun.

I have had the opportunity to review a lot of photo's from Capital City Speedway, speak with fans and drivers from over 50 years ago, and up to and including just last year. I was down at the Pakenham Home Show again today, and spoke to a gentleman that hasn't been to the track in forty years. He was reminiscing about the great times he and his friends had going to the track back in the day. I reminded him that the tradition carries on and he should come back to visit and relive once again the fun he had at CCS so many years ago. He looked at me and said "you know your are right", and told me he will come back this year after a 40 year absence.

 A number of people I spoke to today had much the same story to tell, that it had been years since coming to the track. Not once, did I speak to someone that did not have fond memories of coming to the track. I told them that the fun and good times will once again be back at CCS  for 2011, and now was the time to come back and see us. Hopefully, this will be the start to rebuilding what once was the place to be on a Wednesday Night in Ottawa.

I hope all of our friends, family and fans come out once again to enjoy a warm, summer Wednesday Night, at the place where the cars put "The Thunder in the Pines".

I hope to see all of you, at the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment