Sunday, April 24, 2011

Looking for pictures of Bob McCreadie

I received a request for some pictures from Bob Hatcher, via Brian. If you can help please let me know.

Hello Brian,

I've been involved in oval trac racing since 1979 having built cars and
crewed them at a 1/3 mile paved oval in Northeast Pennsylvania called
Mountain Speedway. Back in 1980, the track was called The New Evergreen
Speedway and Jimmy Spencer's family ran it. My question concerns Watertown
New York's Barefoot Bob McCreadie who someone just told me had run at
Capitol back in those days as well as on the DIRT circuit with his #9 car.
In August of 80 Bob came down to Evergreen with a low slung pavement #1
Chevette bodied Modified called The Price Brother's Special and wooped up on
our entire field not once that night but twice. Is your track the place he
ran and do you know anyone thant might have any photos of this #1 car?

I am including a photo of Bob in victory lane in August of 80 when he won
the CAM 2 ROC qualifier at Evergreen

Also here is a link to my Facebook page on the New Evergreen Speedway in St
Johns, PA.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002168319884


Thanks,

Bob Hatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment