Saturday, March 10, 2012

St. Patricks Day Parade a HUGE Success.

We are always looking for opportunities to raise the awareness of Capital City Speedway to the  public. I have never been in a parade before and I don't know if Capital City Speedway has ever been in one either, but what I do know is that having race cars in a Parade, gets lots of attention. That is the impression we got after today. We had lots of comments from people on the street, and lots of " Wow, Capital City Speedway, I haven't been there in years". Sometimes you just have to remind people of how much fun they used to have at Capital City Speedway to get them back again. If we can remind them enough times through Parades and other types of Media, hopefully we will see them again. I know we will see some of our old friends back after today, and hopefully they will bring their children, or grand children with them. If we can do that, we will create a whole new generation of fans, and fans are what we need to keep things going, this year, and for the next several years. I think we started that process today. Thunder Cat was very excited by the fact that he had the opportunity to meet the Mayor of Ottawa today. We had some issues trying to get him home in the car because his head got even bigger than normal.

Making this happen is not possible without help from a number of people. I would like to thank Al Dickie, AJ Dickie, and Nolan Gould for bringing thier cars out to the parade. I would like to thank Sylvia Ferris ( my mom ), Chris Gow, Megan Gow, Mackenzie Gow, Connor Gow and my lovely wife Renata, for helping CCS out in the parade today. Last, but certainly not least, a warm and fuzzy thanks to Thunder Cat for coming out and giving us a hand.

A couple of weeks ago, we did another Car show down at Winterlude.  It is a little late, but I wanted to thank the Holtom Family for bringing down one of their Late Models, Al Dickie for bringing down his Late Model, and Kyle Baker for bringing down his Mini Stock. Thanks to Thunder Cat for making an appearance, and once again, Renata and Mackenzie Gow.




No comments:

Post a Comment